Seeker Modelling and Performance Team Lead
- Closing date
- 31 May 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £50k dependent on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern : Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - such as four days a week on site, one day working from home with flexibility in working hours
We are looking for an experienced Systems Modelling Engineer and People Manager to lead an RF Seeker Modelling and Performance team. As part of a wider systems team, you will be responsible for driving the development and delivery of system capabilities. Using model based systems engineering processes, and auto-coding to rapidly iterate the design and achieve the required performance of the Seeker.
As part of the role you will be involved in a number of activities including:
- Modelling in MATLAB and Simulink using model-based design techniques
- Managing a Complex Seeker model including simulation of the RF environment, Seeker hardware and processor algorithms
- Task Package Management
- Development of algorithms within the model
- Interacting with a wide network of customers across multiple domains.
- Producing and verifying auto-code for the software algorithms from the model
- Managing system studies and performance analysis
- Ownership of Processes and model deliverables.
- Facilitating team development in modelling practices and algorithm design
- Assessing system performance through the models against the requirements
- Modelling and coding (significant experience of MATLAB and Simulink)
- Experience in Verification & Validation, configuration control and model release processes
- Team Leadership and People Management
- Good communication and stakeholder management
- Data analysis and technical report writing
- Knowledge of RF systems and digital signal processing
- Algorithm development
Ideally you would have a degree level qualification or equivalent experience, and the ability to achieve the appropriate level of security clearance (SC). Most importantly, if you have a passion for the industry and technology then this will be the role for you! We can help you develop your career and give you exposure to some incredible technologies and products.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert