MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
from £45K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits)What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingLocation:
2 roles - one Bristol based, one Stevenage basedThe opportunity:
An opportunity for an engineer to exploit their skills to influence the safety aspects of technically complex and exciting products. Whilst exploring the boundaries of best practice, this will involve optimising the effort committed to safety assurance, with the goal of balancing safety against the inherently lethal attributes required of complex weapon systems.
By understanding the system and its operating context, you will decide what type of evidence will most efficiently show that the identified hazards have been mitigated to the customer's satisfaction, using a range of techniques and approaches. This role is about balancing time and cost constraints to ensure that a convincing safety case, comprising of appropriate evidence, is constructed.What we're looking for from you:
- Detailed understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis and safety evaluation processes integrate with the system engineering process
- Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc).
- Good knowledge of complex electronic systems and the associated safety issues (but other engineering subject areas, such as design, software, manufacture, etc, will be considered for candidates with the right strengths in other areas).
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.