Acquisition & Homing Domain Lead
- up to £55,000
- Closing date
- 19 Jun 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £55,000 depending on experience
MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role.
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more...
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically 2 to 3 days per week on site, for this role.
The opportunity: Acquisition and Homing Functional Design Domain Lead
Are you looking to join a fast-paced project in the early stages of design development maturing the functional architecture and requirements? Keep reading!
The Weapon System behaviour has been divided into a set of functional domains. Work within a functional domain strives to gradually decompose the top level behaviour of a domain into individual functions that can be allocated to equipment and provided to the design team as sets of requirements for design.
You would be responsible for:
- Technically co-ordinate and drive activities across the Design Domain to ensure coherent & mature embodiment of the required system-level behaviour to time quality & cost.
- Identify, scope, estimate time and cost of functional design & trade studies to be undertaken
- Propose allocation of functional performance and/or constraints to physical sub-systems, facilitating key trade-offs decisions, particularly where trade-offs traverse different DA or domain responsibilities
- Run the domain evolution, ensuring consistency between domain sub-system configurations is understood and aligned.
- Ensure the functional design and functional architecture relevant to the domain is developed collaboratively between partners. Facilitate common modelling approach and/or mutually-agreed model interfaces to aid parallel development.
- Ensure risks are identified as part of the Failure Mode & Effects Analysis are understood and a consistent approach is taken to reduce these as appropriate.
- Ensure development of a domain-based proving and qualification strategy and manage the System acceptance for the domain
- Chair internal and supporting external working groups/working communities as appropriate, in accordance with programme governance structure
- Have responsibility for a subset of munition equipment CPSs, leading on writing functional and performance requirements and ensuring other sections are completed by appropriate parties in reasonable timescale.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience of requirements management
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Model Based Systems Engineering
- DOORS NextGen
- IBM Rhapsody
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert