Systems Engineer - Concepting & Assessment
- up to £50,000 depending on experience
- Closing date
- 21 Jun 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: up to £50,000 (depending on experience)
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Join us on a growing team shaping the way MBDA develops concepts for our Customers!The opportunity:
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the FCAS (Future Combat Air System) programme to define, develop and co-ordinate technical the Future Combat System concept and assessment activities. This role is within an agile team of engineers that involves:
- Requirement decomposition and analysis;
- Development of Weapon System Concepts including effector and adjunct concepts;
- Liaison with Air Superiority Effector team
- Coordination of model development;
- Performance assessment (Concepting qualitative through to initial quantitative); and,
- Operational Analysis supporting activities.
The purpose of the role is to support all aspects associated with the above in support of FCAS within Work Stream A (Weapon Concept and Assessment).
This future systems team is responsible for ensuring provision of weapon system configurations into FCAS Concept Phase Enterprise down selection. The role interacts across BAES, Leonardo and Rolls Royce in the FCAS enterprise, and the successful candidate will represent MBDAs within a number of Agile SCRUMS.
What we're looking for from you:
The role requires excellent communication skills supported by technical delivery and management experience. An understanding of MBDA strategy, and ability to question why, combined with a Weapon System background, or similar would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be placed at the forefront of defining co-ordinating and delivering technical activities where they will be required to work closely with a number of enthusiastic and multi-disciplined internal, external and international teams.
- Interest in Control of the Air domain problem space.
- Systems engineering experience would be beneficial.
- Ability to complete studies to evaluate concepts and understand learning in concept space development.
- Good team player with team spirit strength both internal and external.
- Resilience to progress in an uncertain environment with pragmatism and enthusiasm.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG
Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert