AWE is looking for 3D Data Capture Engineers
The 3DDC team provide a set of model-based tools and processes that allow for the reconstruction and measurement of artefacts, large and small, for use in a virtual environment.
Sitting within the Applied Engineering Group and Warhead Engineering, 3DDC supports digital capture and dimensional analysis across AWE Engineering and Science communities.
Role: 3D Data Capture Engineers
Location - Reading Area
Salary: £35,720 - £42,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 12th June 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
As a team member you will interact with customers and technical specialists from across the business to help determine and shape the future technologies for engineering activities at AWE. This hands-on role offers great career and technical development opportunities.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the production and delivery of high-quality technical reports and presentations
- Identifying and support opportunities for cost savings, efficiency, and business improvement
- Assisting the Team Leader in managing partnerships
- Supporting the Task Manager in scoping, planning, and estimating future activities
- Delivery of own agreed objectives / project deliverables
- Contributing to the planning and execution of tasks in order to deliver specific agreed objectives on time, demonstrating control of cost and quality
- Understanding of the hazards and associated risks of any work conducted and, where required, safely use specialised equipment
- Maintaining and promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security, and quality and be a great collaborator
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Practical engineering experience, ideally combined with the use and knowledge of inspection tools and systems
- A good understanding of mechanical engineering theory and practice, with a broad knowledge of engineering design and manufacture
- Good people skills, ability to work independently but also within a team, supporting colleagues to achieve the teams' goals
- Experience of 3D Laser Scanning and/or Photogrammetry e.g., Creaform
- Knowledge of Model-based Inspection and Reverse Engineering software e.g., Design X, Control X
- Experience in Large Volume Metrology Systems
- Experience in Spatial Analyser software and applications in Large Volume Metrology
Ideally, we would expect candidates to have a HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role and be willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas if required.