About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Inverness, Aberdeen or Glasgow
Salary: Competitive DOE + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible Working options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for a Planning Engineer to support our high profile and technically complex portfolio of projects.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Planning projects within Transmission, including producing and managing programmes. You will have practical field experience with planning & scheduling knowledge to identify challenges to the project schedule and suggest mitigation plans.
- You will implement technical expertise of the full project lifecycle where you will integrate your understanding of emerging industry methodologies to successfully manage the cross-discipline relationships within the project controls functions.
- You will create, implement, and execute a top-down approach in respect of the strategic plans and schedules that support the project work processes, milestones and deadlines.
- You will liaise with project teams, contractors, site management and commercial teams throughout the project lifecycle to effectively report on project progress, risks and contingency plans.
- This role involves implementation and monitoring earned value systems that accurately measure progress and performance. You will provide reporting and feedback to project and business group management that are appropriate to the project needs and the client requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we look for you to have:
- Working knowledge of the Transmission business with a focus on understanding the regulatory requirements to conform to Ofgem restrictions is required.
- You should have a demonstrable understanding of SSE's business areas, the Energy industry, gained from experience as well as through social/professional networking is preferred.
- Previous experience in implementing and effectively using company-standard planning & scheduling systems and project or program-specific planning & scheduling systems (Primavera P6) is essential to the role.
- A Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field or National Level NVQ5 or equivalent working knowledge.
- Experience planning large scale, complex projects throughout the project lifecycle and ideally trained in NEC3 Contract management.
- Active membership in at least one professional body or association demonstrating continual professional development is desirable.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.