As an Electronic Technician in our operations team, you will be responsible for designing, prototyping, building, and manufacturing printed circuit boards (PCBs) for bespoke equipment. You will also be involved with maintaining, faulting finding and performing repairs on bespoke equipment, working on everything from low voltage PCB's to custom-built high voltage enclosures.
You will have the opportunity to support our diagnostic team on various hydrodynamic trials, this involves working as part of a multi-discipline team on exciting projects.
Location: Reading area (on-site role)
Package: £27,420 - £36,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 05th June 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
Ideally, you will have knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuits, experience in using electronics test equipment and be able to show aptitude in fault-finding and problem solving to a component level. Knowledge of circuit layout/design and associated software packages would be beneficial.
What will you be responsible for?
- Fault finding, problem solving, repair and maintenance of bespoke equipment
- Design, prototype, build and test of new hardware for bespoke equipment
- Perform maintenance activities on bespoke electrical equipment and cables for the area.
- Manufacture PCBs and cables for upcoming trials and verifying their functionality
- Perform high voltage system verification tasks
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping within the Lab environment
- Work alongside team members on other hardware such as data capture systems.
- Undertake work in compliance with company processes, standards, and procedures
- May be required to carry out additional safety related roles
- Working on High Voltage equipment
What will you need to be considered?
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship, minimum ONC level 3
- Attention to detail
- A willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of MS programmes
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.