Software Systems Application Engineer
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Melbourne, Australia
- Closing date
- 22 Jun 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Software Systems Application Engineer
The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We solve problems for our customers by bringing together great minds, working together to make the world a safer place. We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation and digitally transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
We’re part of BAE Systems, the global Defence and Security Company and have around 5000 employees in 16 countries across UK & Europe, Asia Pacific & the Middle East. BAE Systems Digital Intelligence target two primary sectors: Defence & National Security and Government & Critical National Infrastructure. We have a particular domain focus into Cybersecurity, Cross Domain Solutions and Digital Transformation. As a member of our Digital Intelligence division, you’ll truly get to work on some of the most challenging cyber security problems in the world.
Key Role Descriptors:
We are looking for an experienced Software Systems Application Engineer with indepth understanding of our DateBridge product line to lead new and existing engineering deployments in our Asia/Pacific region.
The successful candidate needs to understand the architecture, design, delivery, operation and control of IT infrastructures used to operate our DataBridge capabilities for our customers as well as the ability to modity the microservices at a code level. The individual will also be a natural extension to the development team located in the UK & Europe.
In addition, supporting our customers with advisory and changes to their platform deployments. This includes the preparation for new or changed services, operation of the change process, the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, the building and management of systems and components in physical, virtualized or hybrid computing environments & resolving Level3 issues in relation to their contribution to business performance, their security and their sustainability.
You will be a keen problem solver, able to break down complex problems to understand and resolve technical challenges.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of mainstream and emerging applications
- Experience in developing features for React, Java Spring, MySQL Procedures and RESTful APIs
- Expert in one or more development languages and able to work remotely with European based teams
- Knowledge of microservice architectures and service automation
- Understanding of ETSI protocols required to implement lawful intercept
- Experience deploying, integrating and supporting systems comprised of bespoke and COTS components.
- Able to work in challenging environments with limited tooling or reachback.
- Knowledge of security lock down procedures, or industry hardening techniques.
- Able to analyse and break down a problem and perform root cause analysis.
- Able to understand and implement efficient and repeatable techniques using automation or scripting tools.
- Detailed knowledge of the DI DataBridge product suite for Lawful Intercept & the ability to modify the core code in collaboration with the Product team
- Knowledge of secure software development, continuous development/continuous integration experience, infrastructure Virtualisation/Infrastructure as Code
- Cloud capaiblities such as aws, azure
- Ability to provide software estimation and experience in software estimation process and tools
- Knowledge of system integration into Lawful Intercept environments for customers in the Asia Pacific region.
- Graduate or post graduate engineering or computer science qualifications.
- Hold a minimum of NV1 security clearance, or AGSVA recognised equivalent
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert