- Scotland, Perth & Kinross, Perth
- £42691 - £49626 per annum
- Closing date
- 20 Jun 2023
- Civil & Structural, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Perth, Glasgow or Aberdeen
Salary: £42,691 - £49,626 a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Due to significant growth within SSEN Transmission's Engineering team and our strategy to develop in house modelling support, we are looking for a CAD Project Engineer with experience of 2D & 3D AEC Autodesk applications.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- To provide modelling, design, and drafting support on your assigned project(s) to develop and optimise Substation layouts to SSE requirements.
- To be involved in project options and development assessments, conceptual designs and developing work on BIM standards, model libraries and the ongoing training and development of the team.
- To be the main point of contact for all graphical representation works.
- Develop models, drawings, schematics, diagrams, maps, and other documentation as required, on time and to requisite standards.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of 2D & 3D AEC Autodesk applications, drawing registers, revision control and implementing BIM solutions.
- Overall knowledge of CAD customisation abilities and understanding of CAD libraries/tool palettes and best practice. Be highly proficient in AutoCAD and any experience in other drafting packages would also be favourable.
- Knowledge and understanding of HV Substation design, and the use of maps and geo-referencing would be useful.
- As we are developing in-house Revit and Civil 3D capabilities, we would be particularly keen on candidates who are proficient in one or more of the Autodesk AEC collection products. Infraworks knowledge would also be beneficial.
- Strong English-language communication skills (written and verbal) as you will need to discuss complex issues in a clear and concise manner to facilitate decision making for the best of the project.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining, and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on 01738 3429363.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert