Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: up to £55,000 - Depending on ExperienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Predominantly site basedThe Opportunity:
Are you a Systems Engineer looking to make a difference in your next role?
MBDA are at the forefront of the one of the most exciting and challenging programmes within Defence - to design and deliver a Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) / Tempest for the RAF and international partners in record time. This is your opportunity to be at the heart of this once in a generation, transformational initiative!
The FCAS Acquisition Programme is currently in concept stage and MBDA are identifying and assessing a broad range of Weapons Effects Domain concepts including a Weapon Effects Management System. A cutting-edge technology incorporating Artificial Intelligence across a networked combat system to give a genuine sixth generation capability to provide the user with operational advantage decades in the future. This role will support Systems Engineering Concepting, looking at current and future solutions and working closely with other elements within FCAS, both inside MBDA and the other industry partners. This is an opportunity to scope and define a significant future MBDA product. FCAS-AP is an Agile programme, moving at pace, measuring and adapting.This role is accountable for working on a range of system engineering activities relating to Weapon Effects Management:
- Functional and mission analysis
- Logical decomposition of components within the Weapon Effects Management System
- Definition of candidate architectures and be able to trade within functional and technology constraints,
- Functional decomposition and physical apportionment
Systems Engineering Focus:
What we're looking for from you:
- Input into Operational, training, maintenance, manufacture and logistics
- Defining the systems boundaries (ie: define the boundary of products and services within system of systems context)
- Performing requirement elicitation and analysis and subsequent delivery of requirement documentation.
- Definition of ICD's between highly coupled sub-systems
- Consideration of system integration and platform integration aspects
- Working with international partners within the effects domain
- Ideally degree qualified in a technical engineering, physics or mathematics subject
- Familiarity of the application of MBSE
- Familiarity with architectural frameworks such as NAF, TOGAF etc
- Ability to analyse the problem spaces different contexts and domains
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.