Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime (depending on level)
- Up to 15 days flexi leave (depending on level)
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for proactive and passionate Simulation and Software professionals to join our Weapons Systems Simulation and Experimentation team.
The team works across the whole project life cycle, supporting the business from initial concepts through to training capability and support. Key activities include, models and synthetic environments providing visualisation, demonstrations, verification & validation as well as the integration of real products.
Due to the unique nature of our work we our team / teams are heterogeneous in nature as we require a range of skill sets to meet our deliverables.
The successful candidate will be using / applying an agile methodology to deliver / Lead the development of simulation components for MBDA's weapons systems.
You will be an integral part of the team, delivering innovative solutions whilst utilising the latest technologies to provide an end to end representation of the weapon system through:
- Visualisation and demonstrations
- Design and development
- Verification and Validation
- Training Systems.
What we're looking for from you:
- Our framework is based on agile scrum methodologies to develop real-time software components to simulate weapon systems, including the Integration of hardware to provide true representations of our systems.
We are currently recruiting for a range of skills to join our expanding team, ideally you will have experience of practical agile software development.
What's in it for you?
- Simulation / Software Project Leads (Agile)
- Simulation Architects
- Lead developers with a robust understanding of C# and C++ software development.
- Software Engineers with good knowledge of C# and C++
What's great about the team?
- You will be able to develop your skills and abilities across the whole of the MBDA development lifecycle, supporting some of the world's most advanced defence systems.
- The role will allow you to develop a broader view of systems of systems engineering and enhance your technical skills whilst working in a Synthetic Environment.
- You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
- You will have the opportunity to work with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
- You will be joining a team delivering innovative Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.