Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £65,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
You'll use an agile methodology to lead the delivery and development of simulation components for MBDA's weapon systems.
Working in our Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation team, you'll integrate real products, models, and synthetic environments to provide visual demonstration, verification & validation as well as training capability and support.
You'll lead a team to deliver innovative solutions using the latest technology to provide an end to end representation of the weapon systems through:
What we're looking for
- Visualisation and demonstrations
- Design and development
- Verification and Validation
- Training Systems.
Here's what's in it for you
- A proven record of accomplishment as a Simulation / Software project lead.
- Practical Agile software development.
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills.
- The ability to support the definition of the project scope and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders, whilst ensuring the technical feasibility.
- A robust understanding of C# and C++ software development.
Join a great team!
- You will be able to develop your skills and abilities across the whole of the MBDA development lifecycle, supporting some of the world's most advanced defence systems.
- The role will allow you to develop a broader view of systems of systems engineering and enhance your technical skills whilst working in a Synthetic Environment.
You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in weapon system design and development and have the opportunity to work with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community. You will be joining a team delivering innovative projects that need your inspired approach, enthusiasm, and passion.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingOur Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.