Image Processing and Computer Vision Engineer
- up to £55,000 depending on experience
- Closing date
- 22 Jun 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Circa £55,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Predominately office based with some option of Hybrid working.
Who are we?
Image Processing UK plays a meaningful role in the development of MBDA products and technologies. We have a detailed understanding of the interaction between missile subsystems and a direct influence on significant design decisions. Our world-beating algorithms use imaging sensors to provide situational awareness and guide weapons to their target with maximum precision.
We are a firm supporter of equal opportunity for all, and proud to be a diverse engineering team. Image Processing UK is a cohesive and innovative department where the creativity and contributions of each individual have real value. As part of our team, you will benefit from an excellent working culture built on individual empowerment and mutual support.
What's the opportunity?
As a Principal Engineer, you will be a essential team member at an exciting time of growth and opportunity. The algorithms that you will research, develop and evaluate will form part of the next generation of complex weapon systems.
The primary development environments used within the department are Matlab/Simulink and Python (including PyTorch Deep Learning libraries).
Security is a key consideration and as such, the majority of your work will be conducted on-site; a positive result of this is that our office remains a social and collaborative working environment. Nevertheless, there are opportunities for home working depending on the nature of the task.
Who are we looking for?
- Preferably PhD qualified in a related area, either holding or completing the PhD
- A degree with strong mathematical content e.g. Mathematics, Engineering (e.g. Aeronautical, Mechanical, etc), Physics, Computer Science, or similar
- A keen curiosity about cutting-edge technologies and their applications
Although not essential, relevant experience in either Post-Doctoral or Industry would be highly beneficial.
Specific knowledge in any of the following areas is of benefit:
- Image Processing Algorithms: Segmentation, Filter Design, Noise Removal, Compression, Super Resolution
- Computer Vision Algorithms: Tracking, Optical Flow, Particle Filtering, Pose Estimation
- Deep Learning techniques: Detection, Classification, Tracking, Siamese Networks
- Inverse Problems / Computational Imaging: Sparse Coding, Compressive Sensing
- Machine Learning: Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks
- Domain Specific Signal Processing: Multi/Hyper-Spectral, RF, IR, SAR, STAP
What's in it for you?
- You will play a key role in the development of our complex weapon systems, and gain in-depth knowledge of their design and functionality
- You will collaborate with other engineers from a broad range of subject areas
- You will be working on cutting-edge technological innovations
- You will have the opportunity to work within an international field that has strong links to MBDA sites in France and Germany that will provide the opportunity for European travel
- You will have the opportunity to attend workshops and conferences both nationally and internationally
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert