Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: up to £55,000 - pro-rated (depending on experience)Are you looking for a part time Systems Design Engineering role?
MBDA is looking to recruit Systems Design Engineers at different levels! The role is permanent and part time
for 21 hours or more per week (minimum 3 days).What we can offer you
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime (depending on level)
- Up to 15 days flexi leave (depending on level)
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
MBDA's Weapon System Design division is responsible for designing and commissioning the hardware and software within the systems that launch, control and plan the operations of the company's missiles and the emerging alternative weapons such as lasers.
The Division works with a range of platform providers in the Land, Air and Naval spheres to integrate our weapons and ensure that the front-line users are able to use them to full effect.
There is a growing need for automation and intelligence in these systems to help our service personnel in facing ever increasing and ever changing threats. We have a continuous need for skilled engineering professionals across a range of fields and with a range of experience levels to push forward our technology objectives and deliver the ongoing programmes.
Within Weapon System Design we have a need for Engineers specialising in:
- Land and Naval based systems and integration.
- Aircraft Systems and integration.
- Electrical and Mechanical architecture.
- Network and Communications.
- Cyber protection and certification.
- Synthetic Environment and Simulation.
- Algorithm design for mission planning and command and control, including AI techniques.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics.
- Integration, Validation and Field Trials.
If you have experience in any of these areas, then apply now!
Experience can have been gained within the defence industry, in the armed forces, in government or in wider industry.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.