Electrical Project Engineer Opportunities
- Glasgow, Scotland
- £44100 - £66100 per annum + Car allowance & Performance related bonus
- Closing date
- 20 Jun 2023
- Electrical, Project Engineering
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Perth
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As part of SSEN Transmission Pathway to 2030 programme of works, we have a number of project engineering opportunities coming up to support this incredibly exciting time for the business.
Many of the Pathway to 2030 are new HVDC projects. This role would sit within the HVDC Engineering Team, and although direct HVDC experience would be desirable it is not necessary. We encourage candidates with a project engineering background, ideally with an electrical engineering background in either construction, consultancy, or client organisations within the Energy Industry to apply. We will consider candidates from other industries, with good transferable skills and willingness to learn.
The duties and responsibilities of this role will be:
- You will help define the basis of project design and scope. You will be involved in the full project life cycle, from project definition, preparing and evaluating tenders, conceptual and front end design development, detail design reviews HAZID/HAZCON/HAZOP sessions through into supporting construction, installation supervision and commissioning.
- You'll promote and manage safety within your assigned projects through the implementation of CDM procedures and practices, ensuring the project engineering is compliant with company, HSE and industry regulations.
- You will have responsibility for engineering delivery on your assigned projects, for your specific discipline, of a typical capital value of £50m - £2000m. Working closely with Engineering Managers, Lead Project Managers and Project Managers you'll ensure that Engineering and Quality risks are identified and mitigated with projects being successfully delivered.
- Provide technical support on high profile projects or technically complex issues.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An appreciation of multi-discipline projects, and design interface management would be desirable.
- Self-Starter attitude, who enjoys problem solving and have an ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner to facilitate decision making by senior management.
- Diligence and ability to determine critical technical issues and prioritise, where necessary, over less critical issues.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert