Fantastic opportunities for Electronic Experimentalists
AWE is looking for Electronic Experimentalists with varying levels of experience
We are seeking Experimentalists (e.g., Electronic Engineers, Test Engineers, Applied Physicists)
Location - Reading Area
Salary: £27,960 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 13th June 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
This is a great opportunity to join a team responsible for providing specialist assessments across the business, and we continuously improve our measurement capabilities to gather supporting experimental data.
You should have hands-on experience working in an electronics lab or workshop.
You should be comfortable using standard electronics laboratory equipment. Formal or on-the-job training is available for all equipment, especially if unfamiliar or specialist.
If would be advantageous if you are already familiar with testing of discrete components, assembling circuits, diagnosing / debugging circuit faults or setting-up electrical tests or experiments.
You may also have an HNC, HND or degree qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. electrical / electronic engineering, physics, applied physics, mathematics, statistics).
Whilst not to be considered a check list, we would be particularly interested if you have experience in one-or-more of the following specialist areas:
- Radio Frequency (RF), for example: Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) Assessments, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Modelling or Safety Assessments or Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance (HERO).
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), for example: High Voltage (HV) Engineering, Partial Discharge (PD), Dielectric Breakdown or Fast Current Measurements
- Lightning Effects, for example: Modelling of Lightning Discharges, Design of Lightning Protection Systems (LPS), Lightning Prediction, Lightning Detection or Assessment of Damage from Lightning.
Other desirable experience we'd be keen to hear about include:
- Familiarity with modelling environments, e.g. simulation of electronic circuits using SPICE, electromagnetic or electrostatic Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in 2D or 3D, numerical modelling using Matlab, MathCAD, Python etc
- Design of Test Equipment, for example: requirements capture, concept design, prototyping, configuration, test instructions, user manuals
- Construction of Test Equipment, mechatronics, sensors, actuators, mechanisms, automation, LabVIEW
- Design of Experiments, including for example: Data Analytics, or Statistical Analysis
- Recording, cleaning and analysing data to identify trends, fit distributions, drawing conclusions and making recommendations
- Combining theoretical understanding, mathematical models, simulations and measurement data to analyse the behaviour of a complex system
- Experience of producing technical documents and communicating technical principles to a range of audiences
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role and be willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas as required.