MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £60,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21.25% of basic salary
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2 - 3 days on site pending workload. The opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Financial & Commercial team within MBDA Facilities Management. We are looking for somebody to lead and manage the preparation, evaluation and presentation of the Facilities rolling 1 to 5 year Capital plans to ensure a robust agreement. This will include joint working with an internal team to evaluate each specific project requirement and build the individual budgets accordingly in line with market costings. You will take ownership for the ongoing process of managing the Facilities capital budgets, balancing changing business priorities and facilities project costs whilst managing within the overall agreed budget or negotiating changes to the budget with the business when required.Key responsibilities include:
Wat we're looking for from you:
- Gathering all the Facilities Management Capital requirements for a rolling 1 - 5 years
- Budget Forecasting, Building Business Cases, Financial Applications, Recording Variations and Project Cost Control.
- Monitoring Market Trends and Inflation rates and make the relevant amendments to our forecasts.
- Document ownership of our Specification Design Guide
- Monitoring and updating the Bill of Rates, acting as the main interface between Facilities Management and Finance on all Capital related concerns
- Challenging quotes and in conjunction with Central Procurement be the Facilities management lead in Contracts and Major Procurement activities to ensure Policy Compliance.
- Experience in Budget Forecasting and strong financial acumen, including an understanding of market influences
- Experience in Project Cost Control and managing budgets throughout a project lifecycle
- Experience and knowledge in a Facilities Management environment including Construction
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Strong stakeholder management, building relationships both internally and externally
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills, including ability to multi-task and manage timescales
- Strong Excel knowledge and database management
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive approach in all circumstances with a focus on continuous improvement and results oriented mind-set
- Ability to lead a team
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances