Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer
- up to £55,000 depending on experience
- Closing date
- 23 Jun 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £55,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Working on fast-moving projects to develop and evaluate navigation algorithms. Researching, developing, testing and evaluating algorithms as part of the wider complex system solution.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team within the Guidance, Control and Navigation Department and will get the opportunity to work across a range of contract and research activities hence impact multiple areas of deliveries within MBDA.
Navigation algorithms are central to the design and development of MBDA's complex guided weapon systems products. Algorithms are developed at many stages of the lifecycle of the product including:
- Research studies, both externally and internally funded, to investigate algorithms for future developments
- Algorithms to support initial missile feasibility and concept studies
- Algorithms in support of assessment and development programmes
- Algorithms to support upgrades for in-service products.
What we're looking for from you:
- Strong programming skills are required including MATLAB
- Ideally PhD qualified and with relevant industrial experience or Degree with a strong mathematical content e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
- Previous demonstrable programming, real-time implementation, validation & verification and navigation experience.
- Relevant experience with the state-of-the-arts navigation algorithms, Navigation Algorithm design, comparative evaluation and testing is a strong advantage.
What's in it for you?
- You will gain in-depth knowledge of the design and functionality of MBDA's complex weapon systems through your model development work. You will understand how GCN supports our weapon system products and gain insight into a number of related disciplines with whom we have a high level of interactions
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert