Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £55,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
Working on fast-moving projects to develop and evaluate navigation algorithms. Researching, developing, testing and evaluating algorithms as part of the wider complex system solution.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team within the Guidance, Control and Navigation Department and will get the opportunity to work across a range of contract and research activities hence impact multiple areas of deliveries within MBDA.
Navigation algorithms are central to the design and development of MBDA's complex guided weapon systems products. Algorithms are developed at many stages of the lifecycle of the product including:
What we're looking for from you:
- Research studies, both externally and internally funded, to investigate algorithms for future developments
- Algorithms to support initial missile feasibility and concept studies
- Algorithms in support of assessment and development programmes
- Algorithms to support upgrades for in-service products.
What's in it for you?
- Strong programming skills are required including MATLAB
- Ideally PhD qualified and with relevant industrial experience or Degree with a strong mathematical content e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
- Previous demonstrable programming, real-time implementation, validation & verification and navigation experience.
- Relevant experience with the state-of-the-arts navigation algorithms, Navigation Algorithm design, comparative evaluation and testing is a strong advantage.
- You will gain in-depth knowledge of the design and functionality of MBDA's complex weapon systems through your model development work. You will understand how GCN supports our weapon system products and gain insight into a number of related disciplines with whom we have a high level of interactions
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.