Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £65,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
You'll influence the current & future direction for design and testing of sophisticated missile Guidance & Control (G&C) systems, spanning specialist algorithms, real-time architecture, and complex equipment including RF & IR seekers, inertial sensors, actuators, propulsion (turbojets, ramjets and thrust-vectored rockets), and interfaces to surface and air launch platforms.
You will have opportunity to collaborate widely across departmental, directorate & national boundaries, and to be involved across multiple programmes at various points in their respective lifecycles, from the early research & concept stages through to full-scale development and guided flight trials.
Develop your expertise both at a detailed Guidance & Control design level, and up through the higher architectural levels, where you can demonstrate a capability for rigorous system analysis and management of complexity.What we're looking for from you:
What's in it for you?
- Theoretical knowledge and extensive experience of aerospace guidance, control and navigation specification, analysis, algorithm design & implementation, real time architecture and verification
- Ability to bound the scope of an engineering problem and to express the design challenge in terms of clear unambiguous design requirements/objectives
- Ability to manage complexity by identifying major drivers in a large, inter-connected engineering system
- Ability to cross-verify complex systems and system models against underlying theory
- Ability to communicate complex or conceptually difficult ideas clearly and elegantly
- Ability to diagnose abnormalities in an engineering system both physically and virtually through computer modelling and simulation (Matlab & Simulink)
- Passion for life-long learning in a highly-technical field
- Ability to influence technically when there are other factors driving teams
- This is a highly-visible, strategic senior position within a much-respected, technically-capable department
- Deep intellectual stimulation from getting to grips with complex technical challenges within a field requiring a combination of specialist knowledge and a good grasp of technologies and design across the much wider missile system
- Rare opportunity for highly-focussed technical involvement, research and strategy steering without the need for line management duties
- The role has the breadth and depth to develop your analytical and strategic technical expertise, and to provide intellectual stimulation, well into the future
- Opportunity to establish wide network of National & International contacts within MBDA and externally
- Chance to influence across a range of products both nationally and Internationally
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.