Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £55,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
You'll join our Guidance, Control & Navigation (GCN) team developing algorithms and delivering proving activities across a wide range of defence projects. Your focus primarily will be on autopilots, control systems, mid-course guidance, homing, propulsion control, and mission planning algorithms.
Algorithms are developed at various points of the product life cycle including early research studies, feasibility and concept stages, and assessment and product development. This will give you a broad range of experience and a really varied role.
Our team engages with the algorithm users, and understands and responds to their requirements, ultimately delivering algorithms that are fit for their intended use.What we're looking for from you:
- Degree qualification (or equivalent experience) in a subject with a strong mathematical content (e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maths, Physics)
- Experience of algorithm development (guidance, control, data fusion, navigation, image processing)
- Ideally experience of some of the following: flight dynamics, aerodynamics, sensors, actuation systems
- Knowledge of MathWorks products, Simulink, embedded Matlab, Stateflow, C, Fortran
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.