Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.What we can offer you:
- Company bonus (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime (depending on level)
- Up to 15 days flexi leave (depending on level)
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
At MBDA, we are continuing to grow our world leading capability on missile datalinks and seekers. We have a number of exciting opportunities within our Seekers and DataLink Systems organisation working from research, through to early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes, needing a range of knowledge and experience from graduate engineer to experienced managers.
The roles cover RF and EletroOptic technologies with applications covering systems design work, hardware and firmware.
Ideally you'll have exposure / bias towards RF / EO / IR hardware and technology across the full product life cycle.
Currently we are recruiting for the following roles:
- Algorithm / Modelling Systems Engineers Seekers
- Design / Requirements Systems Engineers Seekers
- RF / MW Design Engineer Seeker Hardware
We're looking for you to have an ability to work autonomously within a multi-skilled team with a good understanding and commitment to achieving project goals. You should also be able to perform technical investigations, provide problem assessments, and propose design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
We are able to consider candidates looking for a flexible working pattern within this role.What we're looking for
Some of the following dependent upon role level; all within the context of good RF or Electro-Optic knowledge:
Here's what's in it for you
- Knowledge of RF/microwave and electronic systems, algorithm design and implementation.
- Understanding of optical systems and experience in concept or optical design
- Experience of overseeing the transition of development hardware into series production, including robustness testing and qualification testing and design certification.
- Experienced proving system level functionality, SW/FW integration and proving.
- Familiarity of real-time digital signal processing for high data bandwidth systems.
- Experience of design of Control Systems.
- Systems modelling and Autocode generation experience
- Systems design and requirements.
- Good communication skills with the ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
- Participate in or lead design reviews for all stages of concept development to the assessment of design maturity.
- Ability to manage external suppliers with procurement teams.
Join a great team!
- MBDA is the highest ranked technical company in the Times UK top 25 Employers survey, career development is a key priority, career progression through both formal and on the job training is provided.
- These roles offer an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative product solutions.
- You will gain experience in weapon technologies both at system and hardware levels.
- You will be involved in various stages of product development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of product development.
You'll be joining a rapidly developing product area within MBDA, with many exciting opportunities to work on both new and established products.
The teams have a common goal for the delivery of products design solutions that meets the customer's requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. You'll be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
The projects offers you the opportunity to work with a specialist team developing and managing technically challenging technology within MBDA.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingOur Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.