Offshore Installation Engineer
- Scotland, Glasgow
- £44100 - £66100 per annum + Car Allowance & Bonus
- Closing date
- 21 Jun 2023
- Civil & Structural, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Perth, Glasgow or Aberdeen
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission is currently recruiting for an experienced Offshore Installation Engineer to join our HVDC Project Engineering team and support our growing portfolio of subsea HV cable projects. You'll play a central role throughout development and execution of all offshore works pertaining to critical national infrastructure. Youll play a key part in delivering Net Zero.
They key responsibilities of the Offshore Installation Engineer are:
- Inform the Employers offshore installation requirements for ECC contracts.
- Prepare technical work scope and specification for offshore installation activity/deliverables.
- Support project FEED, such as route/site selection, marine survey, and feasibility/risk assessment.
- Review & accept the contractors engineering & design deliverables; balancing technical risk/benefit to make confident design decisions.
- Mobilise offshore to supervise critical installation works for compliance with the Employers requirements and industry best-practice.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we require you to have:
- Minimum qualification level of BEng in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Knowledge and experience from performing a similar role, including time spent offshore for subsea installation/construction works.
- Working knowledge of relevant industry standards, specifications, and high aptitude for safe working.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organisational skills.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert