About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we're rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We're developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world's first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We've already achieved a lot - but we're just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we're at the forefront of the energy transition - so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
To find out more, read this blog from Catherine Raw, our Managing Director, on our critical role in delivering net zero.
About the Role
Base Location: Leeds, Reading, Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £32,600 - £48,800 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Thermal recognise that Power Platform is rapidly becoming the gold standard for citizen development and decentralised analytics. As such we want to ensure we have skilled resource within our Data CoE to empower the business to realise the benefits and potential of this new environment.
As PowerApps Developer, you will be responsible for developing and delivering PowerApps and DataVerse solutions as part of the company's Power Platform environment. You will work within an Agile Framework to deliver apps to the business across multiple Value Streams, ensuring alignment with business needs and objectives.
This role sits within the Data and Information team within SSE Thermal, and is responsible for centrally driving governance and implementing the Power Platform within the business.
- Engage with stakeholders to scope, plan, estimate, develop and implement solutions, enhancements and upgrades within, and supported by, the Microsoft Power Platform, delivering required business outcomes with minimal rework.
- Support, configure and maintain Microsoft Power Platform in accordance with the documented DnA development and support processes.
- Deliver day-to-day management of the Microsoft Power platform in line with SSE Thermal process requirements.
- Ensure that any 3rd Party engagement is managed according to documented process.
- Develop, maintain and manage Knowledge Bases within the Microsoft Power platform.
- Comply with all Demand and Development KPIs and OLAs.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field.
- Experience in PowerApps development, including experience with DataVerse, Canvas Apps and Model-Driven Apps.
- Experience with Agile Frameworks, particularly Scrum, and demonstrated ability to work within an Agile team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to work effectively with business stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of data management and governance best practices.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah on 01738 341147.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.