SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
These Group IT roles sit within Infrastructure & Platforms, under our End User Services value stream. In EUS, our aim is to provide quality service, deliver change, effective communications, ensure compliance and control costs, all aligned to the SSE & I&P culture of high performing teams.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our key UK or Ireland sites includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £44,100 - 66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
1. Manage a product team responsible for a product portfolio that covers one of the following Digital Workplace product groups:
- Collaboration & Communication (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Yammer etc).
- Citizen Development (e.g. Low/No Code platforms such as Microsoft Power Platform).
- Content Management (e.g. Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive for Business etc).
- Productivity Services (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project Management tooling etc).
- Define a product strategy, vision and roadmap for change based on internal customer requirements to meet Business Unit or organisational needs
- Maintain a product backlog to prioritise and deliver features and capabilities that deliver quantifiable business value
-Work with project delivery resources to plan, deliver and report on CAPEX project delivery progress, management of risks/issues/dependencies
- Proactive sharing of knowledge to drive technology learning, understanding and adoption of Digital Workplace tooling across SSE
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Knowledge and experience managing digital workplace platforms and service.
- Product Ownership skills, knowledge, and experience/qualifications in Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Great communication skills at all levels and ability to motivate DevOps teams.
- Comfortability working in a technical environment and experience with Microsoft 365 or similar cloud SaaS products.
- Experience of applying IT security and data protection controls and principles.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.