- Havant, England, Hampshire
- £67506 - £78474 per annum
- Closing date
- 21 Jun 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. This role is within our Networks Distribution IT team supporting our Digital Strategy and Vision to be a progressive network owner, using digital to enhance social and economic value, deliver a leading experience for our customers and to enable the energy system to support net zero carbon emissions.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Havant / Reading
Salary: £67,506 - £78,474 (depending on skills and experience) + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
We are embedding agility in our ways of working, building capability for a digital SSE of the future, and meeting the needs of our customers in a new way.
The Strategic Centre of Excellence Delivery Lead role is responsible for leading and working with technology solution development teams to develop and mature the Centre of Excellence delivery model. Working with other Centres of Excellence Delivery Leads to develop and refine their processes and governance with the central Transformation Management Office and also leading the Business communications associated with this, you will be helping to realise the product roadmap and critical roles for building capability within the Networks Distribution Business.
A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations and you will be working in complex and high priority technology delivery, products and value streams in the Networks Distribution IT business unit. Working in end-to-end delivery of the product lifecycle and product roadmap with multiple delivery teams through the use of best practice methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of business outcomes.
Leading the realisation of product objectives, key results and other value targets defined on the product roadmap, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments, you will hold strong relationships and collaborate closely with the Business Product Owner, IT Solution and Service Owners and IT Architects, as well as peers in central Group functions that are required to support and ensure the product roadmaps have the right balance of delivering business outcomes, technology enablement and operational requirements.
This is a demanding and diverse role and your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with all the Centres of Excellence to lead the development of technology solution delivery method and approach in conjunction with multiple delivery workstreams and teams with focus on tangible business outcomes in accordance with the business strategy, using the appropriate methodology such as Agile, Prince2, APM and PMP.
- Manage the product and delivery teams, and wider stakeholders as required, across end-to-end product lifecycle to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified outcomes, within budget and timescale, without introducing technical debt.
- Ensure successful transition to service, ensuring change lands well and meets business needs.
- Analyse problems, action and progress issues as appropriate, ensuring follow through to resolution and removing blockers.
- Providing input into the governance process itself, including the methods and tools to be used.
- Developing the communications to support the successful implementation of the Centres of Excellence.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of leading, managing and delivering complex IT Projects, demonstrating and meeting Business value and outcomes with experience of running successful delivery with multiple delivery teams and building strong capability with the ability to work in environments that are undergoing change, working in an iterative and adaptive manner.
- Experience in enabling behaviour change, communication and influencing skills with a strong degree of personal resilience to enable effective change in how we work, ideally with hands on experience in transforming how an organisation operates.
- Experience in applying various waterfall (e.g. Prince2, APM, PMP) and Agile methodologies and supporting context, such as governance, process and culture across different levels of portfolio.
- High level knowledge of development processes, including but not limited to DevOps, Scrum, Kanban and lean development.
- Support budget and funding submissions, advocating for the correct level of funding to deliver against the products business and operational requirements.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience with strong communication skills including prioritising and influencing skills.
About the Department
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert