Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £42,000 depending on experience What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2 days on site and 3 days working from home per week. If based in Bristol or Bolton, regular travel to Stevenage is likely to be required.The opportunity:
As a member of the Analogue and Digital Capability Group, you will be undertaking all aspects of board level electronic design such as schematic capture, prototyping, functional testing and proving activities along with integration to other electronics within the product. This will be accomplished by working with other Electronic Engineering teams specialising in PCB layout, component selection, FPGA design and RF design in order to deliver on project commitments.
You will be responsible for ensuring robust electronics design, using common development techniques such as circuit simulation and DFMEA, including proving activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
This role will cover the product life cycle from feasibility through to transfer to production, including support to industrial validation and ensuring that the product meets its quality, rate and cost targets.
You may also be involved in research and continuous improvement activities to enhance the Electronic Engineering capability for the future.What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally, degree qualified (or equivalent industry experience) with experience in electronic design, development and delivery; preferably in defence or related industry.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Knowledge of a wide range of electronic technologies and products
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.