Mechanical/Integration Systems Engineers (Warhead)
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Hampshire, England, Basingstoke / Reading, England, Berkshire
- £35720 - £65000 per annum
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Control & Instrumentation, Design, Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Manufacturing, Nuclear Industry, Power, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
Are you a Mechanical Engineer, who has the ability, to see the bigger picture, and identify and execute solutions? If so, the Warhead Systems Engineering Team could have a career for you.
Role: Mechanical Engineers (Warhead) - (Integration systems)
Location: Reading area (office based)
Closing date: 16th June 2023
Package: £35,720- £65,000 (dependent on experience)
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
We are looking for Engineers at various stages of their careers to apply their Mechanical skills to challenging design, system integration, safety, security, or nuclear projects.
In growing our capability across these areas, we will also be looking to grow your skills and knowledge as an Engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work.
The difference you'll make in these roles:
- Contributing/Leading to the delivery of requirements, conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation, and validation evidence for engineering solutions through all lifecycle phases
- Applying Systems Thinking and finding novel solutions to difficult technical challenges
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
- Communicating your ideas through CAD, reports, and presentations to others
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective, and safe, today and into the future
The key skills & experience you'll bring:
- HNC/HND or degree qualification in a science or engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment
- Ability to integrate highly complex system concepts and work well in a team and support or take the technical lead in projects
- Experience in creating concept designs, assess key attributes and interfaces using applicable 3D CAD/CAE software
- Experience of using Siemens Teamcenter/NX is particularly desirable, although training will be provided
- An understanding of structural/thermal/dynamic analysis would be advantageous
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert