Dependability Engineers (Warhead)
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Berkshire, England / Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
- £35720 - £65000 per annum
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Chemical & Process, Control & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Quality, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Automotive Industry, Manufacturing, Nuclear Industry, Oil & Gas
- Job Type
The Dependability Team at AWE provide specialist support to technically challenging projects in product characteristics such as Reliability, Availability and Maintainability.
This is an exciting position for Product Dependability specialists and technical individuals who want to develop in this specialist area.
The role comes with bespoke training to enhance the successful candidate's skill set.
Role: Dependability (Reliability & Maintainability) Engineers (Warhead)
Location: Reading area
Package: £35,720 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 16th June 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration (optional)
We are open to hearing from Engineers at various stages of their career who are looking to develop their knowledge of Dependability and unique technologies towards ensuring a safe and secure future for our nation, through the UK independent nuclear deterrent.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Eliciting, analysing and translating stakeholder needs into technical requirements.
- Undertaking requirements derivation, architecture development and system simulation.
- Undertaking modelling and simulation to explore problem space and potential system solutions.
- Undertaking requirements verification and validation and support technology teams' derivation of verification and validation events, test cases, test plans and test specifications, to support integration activities.
- Undertaking test results analysis and documentation.
- Performing trade studies and analyse the relative benefits/merits of competing solutions.
- Supporting development and delivery of viable technical solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Contributing to long term plans in support of life-cycle phases using Systems Engineering best practice.
- Supporting process capture, implementation and improvements for integrating the sub-systems.
- Supporting project reviews for internal programmes and external contracts, including providing written reports and verbal briefs to management and stakeholders.
- Maintaining awareness of Systems Engineering best practice and wider systems issues.
We would like to hear from individuals who:
Have a technical degree or extensive practical experience in Engineering or Science
Are committed to personal and professional development
Can work within an assurance framework
Can engage with a variety of stakeholders including business leaders and subject matter experts
Can producing high quality technical reports and presentations
Contribute to the planning and execution of tasks in order to deliver specific agreed objectives on time; demonstrating awareness of cost, quality and timeliness of engineering output
Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to undertake occasional business travel if required.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert