Electrical/Electronics Engineers (Warhead)
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Berkshire, England / England, Basingstoke, Hampshire
- £35720 - £65000 per annum
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Electrical, Electronics, Nuclear, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Consumer Electronics, Nuclear Industry, Power, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
AWE have exciting opportunities for Electrical/Electronics Engineers, keen to apply their skills and knowledge, at various stages of their careers.
We also offer excellent development and progression opportunities.
Role: Electrical/Electronics Engineers (Warhead) (office based)
Location: Reading Area
Salary: £35,720 - £67,400 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 16th June 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
We are looking for motivated and experienced Electrical/Electronics Engineers who are keen to apply and develop their skills. We have roles for engineers at various stages of their careers.
You will be working in a team of experienced engineers supporting the delivery, assessment, and test of warhead electrical/electronic systems and components.
Your Responsibilities would include:
- Assessment of new designs for suitability for service use
- Qualification of new components
- Test and assessment of components and systems as part of an ongoing surveillance programme
- Specification of trials and surveillance activities
- Engaging with US counterparts on surveillance and test activities
Whilst not to be considered a checklist, we would welcome applications from candidates who have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Analogue circuit design
- Digital circuit design,
- Electronic circuit fault finding
- Circuit simulation
- Generation of requirements and specifications
- Data analysis
Applicants should have experience in the designing, testing, and fault-finding of electrical/electronic circuits, with the ability to analyse and assess existing designs. Knowledge of the application of electronics to defence systems would be an advantage but not essential.
Candidates will need to have a degree qualification (or equivalent, e.g. HNC plus vocational training) in electrical/electronic engineering, followed by relevant experience. Training will be provided, and opportunities to study for further qualifications are available.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert