Exciting opportunities for Warhead Surveillance / Service Life Assessment Engineers
Do you have an Engineering or Science background and have the ability to see the bigger picture to identify and execute solutions? If so, the Warhead Systems Engineering Team could have a career for you.
We currently have roles in the Warhead Surveillance and Service Life Assessment (SLA) teams supporting the through life verification and validation of the Trident Warhead.
Warhead Surveillance / Service Life Assessment (SLA) Engineers
Location: Reading Area (office based)
Closing date: 16th June 2023
Package: £35,720 - £50,000 (dependent on experience)
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration (optional)
You will be supporting the Trident Warhead by reviewing and authoring technical assessments of performance and safety relevant to the Stockpile, co-ordination and oversight of Surveillance activities and resolution of investigations into surveillance observations.
You will be expected to engage across different areas of the business across multiple levels, with the chance to influence and advise.
The skills & experience you can bring to these roles:
- HNC/HND or degree qualification in a science or engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment.
- Ability to integrate and work well as an individual and as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Structured and forensic approach to problem solving and observations.
- Ability to convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences.
- Possess skills which include attention to detail, stakeholder engagement and management and clear, concise communication skills.
- Flexible approach to a reactive environment is a requirement.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for these roles.
Some travel will be required between our sites.
Depending on the role, there is opportunity to work a shift pattern to support our facilities. Please indicate on your application if this is something you would be interested in.