Bolton MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
circa £60k depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as working on site around 2-3 days per week depending on business needs, and frequent travel to all sites across the UKThe opportunity:
The Asset Lifecycle Surveyor will be responsible for the preparation of the estate major maintenance and lifecycle plan budgets, advising on the condition of the MBDA estate and carrying out an ongoing systematic assessment of the condition of the building structure, fabric, mechanical & electrical services and external works.
Working alongside the FM site operations managers to prioritise works taking into account business objectives and plans for the buildings, age of the buildings and degree of confidence in the condition of the asset. The Asset Lifecycle Surveyor will lead the move towards a proactive approach to asset management in line with the principles of ISO55001.
The Asset Lifecycle Surveyor shall assume ownership of the suite of MBDA Building Design Guides and shall be responsible for review and updating on a periodic basis; engaging with subject matter experts where required and ensuring that sustainable products and construction best practice is incorporated into the MBDA estate at project conception.What we're looking for from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Building Surveying or a related field.
- Experience in the preparation of scope of works and specifications for planned maintenance and lifecycle works packages
- Experience preparing planned maintenance programmes including elemental cost preparation using NRM3 to enable financial planning of annual maintenance budgets
- Familiar with the asset management principles of ISO550001 and production of Strategic Asset Management Plans
- Be able to advise on fiscal activities of the estate including rent and service charge billing & collectionin line with RICS best practice.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.