MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
up to £39100 dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsWhat we can offer:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: 5 days on siteThe opportunity:
The Mechanical Inspector will be responsible for carrying out the inspection of company products to meet defined standards and specification requirements. You will:
What we're looking for from you:
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Examining for correct assembly
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
- Inspect for physical damage
- Intermediate inspection checks non product certification
- Monitor product certification operators
- Check and complete all necessary manufacturing data requirements.
- Control defect items via segregation from good product
- Raise and maintain relevant data records/defect reports
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history data
- Care for and use specialised inspection tools
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Ensure inspection times are met
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Maintain a safe working environment and a good housekeeping policy
- Be willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 is essential for this role.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate is preferable.
- Several years' experience as a skilled person - IPC 610 certified preferred.
- The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
- We are passionate about our people, and we recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require and intelligent and motivated team.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.