- up to 36000
- Closing date
- 25 Jun 2023
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: up to £39100 dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
What we can offer:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: 5 days on site
The Mechanical Inspector will be responsible for carrying out the inspection of company products to meet defined standards and specification requirements. You will:
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Examining for correct assembly
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
- Inspect for physical damage
- Intermediate inspection checks non product certification
- Monitor product certification operators
- Check and complete all necessary manufacturing data requirements.
- Control defect items via segregation from good product
- Raise and maintain relevant data records/defect reports
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history data
- Care for and use specialised inspection tools
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Ensure inspection times are met
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Maintain a safe working environment and a good housekeeping policy
- Be willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 is essential for this role.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate is preferable.
- Several years' experience as a skilled person - IPC 610 certified preferred.
- The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
- We are passionate about our people, and we recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require and intelligent and motivated team.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert