BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Are you interested in working part-time hours? We can discuss workign pattern options on application and will look to accomodate your workign pattern requirements.
The Wireless Products group works with customers to develop innovative mission critical technology. Applications include software radios, space technology and underwater systems.
The Wireless Products team develop innovative mission critical technology for our customers. We design, build and support high performance electronic systems. Our core work lies in software defined radios from their physical design and build to the applications that run on them. We conduct research and modelling (particularly in electromagnetics, optics and radio systems). About the role
You will join a project team of talented engineers and technologists, who will coach and support you to gain the necessary skills. You will work closely with our customers to find solutions to their most complex problems. You will also have the opportunity to work on all stages of a product lifecycle, from concept and design through to build and support.
Within the Wireless Products team there are a variety of roles while you may specialise in one or more, you will be encouraged to develop a broad set of skills and understanding. Opportunities include:
Who are we looking for?
- Designing high performance electronics (digital/RF/analogue) for our products
- Manufacturing devices designed to operate in extreme environments
- Developing software and/or firmware for a range of target devices including FPGAs, ARM processors, GPUs and microcontrollers (typically using VHDL or Verilog)
- Designing signal processing algorithms
- Mathematical modelling
Our team needs people with excellent problem solving skills, enthusiasts for technology, there are openings available for Junior Engineers, through to Mid and Senior Engineers with some experience and interest in one or more of the focus areas below:
How we will support you:
- RF and analogue PCB circuit design and layout from VLF to microwave, including amplifiers, filters, mixers, etc.
- High speed digital PCB circuit design and layout, including FPGAs, SoCs, ADC & DACs.
- Power supply design.
- System and circuit modelling (eg using SPICE, Matlab, CST, Python).
• Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
• Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
• You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
• Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
• You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
• You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing. Security Clearance
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.
Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/united-kingdom-security-vetting-applicant Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.