MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £45,000 - £50,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more!
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. Such as 2-3 days onsite an d the remainder remote.The Opportunity:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Electro-Optical Seekers & Sensors Department as a Trials Team Lead working on our Electro-Optical Projects.
We are responsible for supporting MBDA's complex weapon programmes through the provision of specialist Electro-Optical support. Depending on the programme this will vary from specification and assessment through to delivery and support. We also lead and conduct industry-leading innovative R&D activities to support future emerging programmes.
The nature of the work is broad, multifaceted and dynamically changing. You will work within a highly skilled and experienced team that will support you in delivering our commitments.
We will work with you to develop your skill, knowledge and experience, as well as supporting your ongoing professional development, all while ensuring a good work-life balance.
The successful applicant will join Trials & Assessment Team within the Electro Optical Systems Group. You will be responsible for leading and running the Trials and Assessment team, supporting a number of development projects in all aspects of trials conduct and test campaigns, all the way from initial bid and planning phases, through conduct and final delivery to our customers.What we're looking for from you:
- People leadership and management skills, including work-load forecast, planning and supporting individual's personal development.
- Experience in delivering trials and test campaigns.
- Have a proven track record of on time delivery particularly in a dynamic working environment.
- Project management knowledge, including planning and risk-management.
- Able to engage with a broad range of partners and forge strategic technical relationships.
- Be adaptable, self-starting and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience of Model-Based Systems Engineering / SysML.
- Usage of Engineering Tools such as IBM DOORS, Rhapsody, Matlab and Simulink.
- Understanding of Electro-Optical radiation, propagation and detection principles, in particular in the infra-red wave-bands.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.