About the Role
Base Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible First options available
As a nation the importance of decarbonisation has never been more clearer. Net Zero has established a legal requirement for all parts of our lives to consider what we can all do to reduce our carbon impacts. The electricity sector is a key enabler and has delivered a significant level of renewable generation onto the network, allowing other sectors to start moving in the right direction. However, there is more to be done. The electricity networks must connect more renewable generation in a shorter period of time than we have managed so far. Innovation will be key to doing this. This role allows you to play a leading part in identifying the innovation required, and to develop practical options that address these issues for the benefit of our stakeholders and the country.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing innovation opportunities from initial opportunity identification through to the end of the approval stage. To support this, you will research existing work internally and externally in the subject area, devise suitable project plans, programmes, business cases, identify and manage risks and secure sufficient funding.
- Developing business cases and validating project costing and programmes for development innovation projects, securing funding for the project from the most appropriate source.
- Engaging and influencing across all levels of the company and industry, promoting the projects that can improve SSEN Transmission's operation.
- Project updates and progress reports including monthly KPIs.
- Applying and adhering to the SSE safety culture, Safety Management Systems, best practices and the SSE Capital Delivery process (where appropriate) for all projects.
What do I need?
Consider what actually matters to do this role - skills, past experience, behaviours, etc and limit this to the top 5 essential requirements. Please consider how diversity of thought, actions and approach could bring added productivity to your business.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience in an Engineering/Technical Project Management role
- A good understanding of electricity networks, regulatory frameworks and licence obligations
- Excellent analysis and knowledge transfer skills to a proven professional level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to take ownership of problems and requests and maintain quality of work even in a pressurised environment
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 341043.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.