SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: Competitive dependant upon experience + Car Allowance + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As an Offshore Renewables Structural Engineer, you'll play a key role in our Offshore Engineering Team providing structural engineering support to the Marine Installation Package. You will support our package engineering team and manage external consultants, for a major offshore wind project.
You will support our package engineering team and manage external consultants, to help deliver the detailed design and beyond. You will be responsible for coordinating technical reviews of contractor deliverables, monitoring contractor performance, reporting progress, and supporting all development activities required to progress the project.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Supporting a multi-disciplinary engineering team and facilitating communication channels between disciplines and project package teams, highlighting risks and issues and identifying actions to eliminate or reduce them.
- Supporting decision making processes by working with the project team to produce a robust recommendation for project stakeholders.
- Implementing and maintaining key design governance documents and processes.
- Collating key updates from across the team and provide feedback to senior project management on progress including emerging risks and issues.
- Facilitating interfaces by bringing all stakeholders together, producing actions plans, and obtaining regular updates from the team.
What do I need?
We are looking for a Chartered or near Chartered Engineer educated to degree level, who has technical knowledge and experience within offshore structural engineering and ideally, offshore wind turbine substructures.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar role, at project execution stage, ideally in offshore wind or O&G. Transferable experience from other industries will be considered for this role.
- A can-do proactive attitude with a proven history of interfacing and collaborating across multi-discipline teams to support decision making and due diligence process and achieve outcomes.
- A degree qualification in relevant engineering subject or equivalent experience in a similar role with a passion for renewable energy and knowledge of relevant governances and international offshore wind bid and auction processes.
- The capability to challenge the status quo and strive for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable understanding of engineering processes and experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams (Engineering Packages) together with a common purpose from early stage to delivery.
- Ability to travel internationally as and when required.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Douglas on 01738 275199.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.