About the Role
Base Location: Swindon
Salary: £25,703 - £44,257 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
As a Fitter you will carry out inspections and maintenance on Substation equipment on our Low Voltage, High Voltage and Extra High Voltage Network. This includes Electrical Switchgear, Transformers, Busbars, Isolators and Protection Systems.
This is a field-based role where your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Planning outages with our Network Management Centre, operating on the network and issuing safety documentation.
- You'll act as an ambassador for SSEN when interacting with external and internal customers, including our Network Management Centre, Customer Call Centre and domestic and commercial consumers.
- We are always investigating alternative ways of working to improve network safety, reduce cost and drive efficiency. Safety is a key priority at SSEN and throughout everything you do you will need to apply our rigorous safety policies and procedures.
- You may be required to participate in an out of hours standby rota to assist in fault restoration and repairs. Your skills and experience will be needed during periods of high winds and weather events, ensuring we restore our customers supplies as safely and as quickly as possible.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would like you to have:
- Experience as an Electrical Plant Fitter maintaining equipment up to and including 33kV.
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) at 11kV & 33kV would be advantageous.
- Experience in oil handling and waste oil consignments.
- Knowledge of ESQCR.
- Ability to plan work and a full driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert on 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.