Location(s): UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Manchester
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments. National Security Manchester Overview
The National Security business in Manchester is growing and there are an increasing number of opportunities to work with a range of National Security clients to provide solutions that have a real impact.
Be part of a growing team that not only delivers for its clients but also gives back to the community with plenty of opportunities to get involved with local community engagement and outreach activities to help build tech and cyber skills in the region. Cloud Engineer:
We are looking for experienced Cloud Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government sector. What background we are looking for:
What you could be doing for us:
- You must be skilled in a range of AWS services, and show a keenness to keep up to date with the latest releases
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code, for example, Terraform, Cloudformation or CDK
- Have used configuration management tools e.g. puppet, chef, ansible etc
- Understanding of networking and how that translates to software defined networking in the cloud
- Experience in container orchestration systems, for example Kubernetes, ECS or Openshift
- Proficiency in scripting in at least 1 language e.g. Python, Bash, Go
- AWS certifications desired although not essential, we can provide opportunity for you to go through training courses and get certified in AWS.
How we will support you:
- Designing and building cloud-native architectures
- Using Terraform or CDK to deploy resources
- Infrastructure creation and management and design
- Liaising with key stakeholders, internal and external
- Create exemplar implementation patterns to projects (i.e. provide a standard Puppet script that will create a single AWS server with some CM)
- Managing and controlling the software configuration for projects including the source repository
- Leveraging many AWS security features and ensuring security best practices with developers
- For Senior Engineers there will be an opportunity for you to lead teams or individuals
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career and we provide a range of excellent training courses to enable you to upskill in a given technology
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing. Security Clearance
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.