Software Test Lead Automation Engineer
The Test Lead is able to plan and undertake the full lifecycle of testing activities on a project. This includes defining the testing and acceptance strategy for a project, planning system and acceptance tests and co-ordinating the execution of these plans and managing the relationship with the client with regards to the testing, acceptance and test results. As well as technical skills, the Test Lead requires team leading skills and communication skills.
Role Responsibilities/Accountabilities Tooling knowledge/experience:
- Performance testing - Gatlin, Neoload
- File formats - CSV, JSON
Delivery/lifecycle management accountabilities
- Implement technical solutions to improve test process/efficiency across the business
- Working to understand and resolve difficult technical issues
- Creating technical solutions to improve test process efficiency and validate the quality and performance of a range of technologies
- Produce weekly metrics to communicate to management on test and defect statistics.
- Understand the testing effort by analysing the requirements of a development project
- Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to perform the testing
- Take responsibility for the management and reporting of the testing activities within a development project;
- Plan or oversee the planning of the system and acceptance tests and co-ordinates the execution of these plans;
- Apply available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produce a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature;
- Work with the development teams to automate testing wherever possible.
- Identify improvements to the testing process and assists in their implementation;
- Produce weekly metric reports;
- Keep track of the new requirements/change in requirements of the Project;
- Escalate issues regarding project requirements (software, hardware, resources) to senior stakeholders;
- Organise relevant test meetings and appropriate status report (Daily, Weekly etc.) to senior stakeholders as required;
- Take responsibility for the management of the testing activities within a project;
#AIcareers Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.