SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. This role is within our Networks Distribution IT team supporting our Digital Strategy and Vision to be a progressive network owner, using digital to enhance social and economic value, deliver a leading experience for our customers and to enable the energy system to support net zero carbon emissions.
About the Role
Base Location: Havant or Reading
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Junior DevOps Engineer within the Distribution IT team, you'll be working to help ensure our Azure solutions conform to approved design, deliver best value for money and are satisfactorily reported on. There will be new things to learn and your strengths with working with multiple teams will be a big part of your success in the role.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Develop and maintain solutions to support the business, including developing guidance, reporting and offering solutions to issues, and optimising performance in our Azure/cloud environments.
- Help to deliver product backlog items across the end-to-end products in an agile DevOps environment including supporting, guiding, advising, reporting on and monitoring the use of our Azure/cloud environments.
- Ensure user requirements are comprehensive, analysed, and enable the desired outcome when collaborating with stakeholders to define requirements and identifying potential solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve problems with application systems in the production environment, collaborating with team members in the fixing of faults as appropriate including troubleshooting and resolving issues related to infrastructure, applications, and data.
- Assist in the maintenance of team documentation related to development processes, systems, and applications.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in applying DevOps principles and collaborating within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver tangible business outcomes.
- Experience in DevOps on Azure.
- Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation.
- Excellent technical computing, analysis, design and development skills to a proven professional level.
- Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.