Base Location: Flexible Scotland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSEN offices - Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness or Dundee.
Salary: £96,100 - £144,100 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Flexible First options available
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Technical Services for SSEN Transmission. This is a key role on the leadership team of the Asset Management & Operations directorate. In this role you'll have full responsibility for delivering technical support for the Transmission network, focussing on the specialisms of Telecoms, Protection & Control and Real Time Systems (RTS).
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring that telecoms, RTS and protection works on multi-million projects are delivered effectively and that day to day operations including fault finding and upgrades on the c£4.5b Transmission network are managed.
- Managing a large team of highly qualified and technically expert engineers and technicians who offer advice throughout the asset life cycle including project development, delivery and commissioning and ensure that relevant processes and codes are complied with.
- Working closely with the central policy and standards teams, helping to develop the future strategy of protection schemes and RTS design and in the management of our operational technology network including telecoms provision and management.
- Promoting and managing operational safety across the Transmission network. This will include the development of safe systems of work and identifying / developing how protection and RTS schemes can assist in network safety.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of managing large teams, projects and programmes either in a utility or engineering environment and of managing large multi million pound budgets.
- Operational knowledge of the technical and safety requirements of an electricity network including outage management.
- An Engineering degree (or equivalent) with expert technical knowledge in any of the following fields: Telecoms, Protection & Control or Real Time Systems.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills to be able to review, understand and overcome technical performance issues and find engineering solutions.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence others both internally and externally at all levels.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 341043.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.