MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: up to £55,000 (depending on experience)What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Typically 3 to 4 days per week on site working.
Do you have a passion for developing cutting edge technology? Want to turn science fiction into science fact to best protect the country? Then Sparkworks is for you!
This multidisciplinary team needs a range of skills from researchers and technologists to system designers & engineers and technical project leads and everything in between.
If you have a passion for Science and Technology, are keen to learn new things and enjoy working from a blank sheet of paper get in touch!
We will work with you to scope a role that best suits your experience, interests and ambitions, supporting you every step of the way to reach your full potential. Come create the future with us!
We are the "Q" branch of MBDA. Currently focussing on:Radio Frequency Technology:
Ideally experience or knowledge of:
- Pulsed Power or High Voltage or Radio frequency or Antenna Design or Directed Energy (practical and/or theoretical experiences considered)
- Data analysis (e.g. Matlab)
- Circuit modelling (e.g. Spice)
- Electromagnetic modelling (e.g. CST/Comsol)
Ideally experience in or knowledge in:
Radio Frequency and Low Observability Systems Design:
- Experience in Low observability or stealth design
- RF modelling (e.g. CST)
- Experience with Antenna design or metamaterials
- Experience of system design or system engineering
- Some experience or knowledge of RF systems and/or Antenna design
- Some experience or knowledge of Pulse Power / High voltage design
- (experience of bidding / project technical management for higher grades)
Willingness to undertake DV security clearance if requiredDegree qualified in Physics, Engineering or MathsOur Business:
- System engineer with broad experience of activities (requirements, functional architecture and design, test and verification)
- Understanding of optical design and experimentation, including atmospheric transmission
- Understanding of high speed control / image processing approaches / software development
- Comfortable working at fast pace native to future systems (developing maturity programmes rather than large procurement programmes)
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.