SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth or Aberdeen
Salary: £69,884 - £80,031 depending on skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This is a key role managing service delivery for Operational Technology within the SSEN Transmission businesses. SSEN Transmission is responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own, operate and develop the 132kV, 275kV, 400kV and HVDC electricity transmission network in our licence area. As part of Transmission's RIIO T-2 price control an exciting programme of Digital Transformation is planned with a significant investment being made in these technologies over the next 5 years.
You'll act as the interface between key business stakeholders and the IT/Operational Technology organisation to ensure delivery of key Operational Technology services. It's an essential role to ensure the high level of service and technology delivery required by the business and involves managing key suppliers to ensure consistent and quality delivery.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Managing the execution of key Service Delivery processes within SSEN Transmissions' Operational Technology (OT) domain.
- Owning the relationship with OT stakeholders from a Service Management perspective - managing escalations as they occur.
- Developing ITIL Service Management standards within the Operational Technology domain and ensure these are adhered by OT Support teams and business users.
- Successfully transitioning services from a project environment into operational service in a sustainable way that enables strong operational standards.
- Accountability for Regulatory and Audit Compliance for the defined processes within frameworks such as Network & Information Services Regulations (NIS-R).
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Significant experience of managing Service Management processes and helping to embed them in a maturing business.
- A recognised service management accreditation - we use ITIL but would consider candidates with a different accreditation.
- Strong stakeholder management skills - with the ability to manage escalations to a successful conclusion for all parties.
- Effective supplier management skills - with demonstrable experience in driving performance within a multi-supplier environment.
- Experience of working with Operational Technology and the Utilities industry would be preferred but is not essential. Experience of working in a regulated environment would also be very beneficial.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.