BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
The role is with the Wireless Products team which is part of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, a leading supplier of cyber, intelligence and security solutions to the UK Government and its trusted partners.
As an Electronics hardware engineer within the Wireless Products group, you will be joining multi-disciplinary project teams to design and develop cutting-edge wireless products (eg communication devices, sensors) in support of key customer missions.
We’d love to hear from people who are early in their careers as electronics engineers, looking to develop and be supported in growing their skills working with cutting-edge technology.We are looking for engineers with some experience and interest in one or more of the focus areas below:
- RF and analogue PCB circuit design and layout from VLF to microwave, including amplifiers, filters, mixers, etc.
- High speed digital PCB circuit design and layout, including FPGAs, SoCs, ADC & DACs
- Power supply design
- System and circuit modelling (eg using SPICE, Matlab, CST, Python)
Any experience in the following areas would also be advantageous:
- Mechanical design with 3D CAD
- Lab instruments (eg oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, vector network analysers)
- Design and test for EMC and environmental compliance
- Software and firmware development in support of testing or interfacing to electronics (eg Python, C/C++, VHDL, Linux)
If you join us you will get the chance to deepen and broaden your skills further as you progress your career. You will work in a dynamic environment based on in multi-disciplinary project teams.How we will support you:
• Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
• Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
• You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
• Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
• You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
• You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
We have opportunities at our offices in both Guildford and Cheltenham.Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role need to be eligible to apply for a UK Government security clearance (SC)Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.