About the Role
Base Location: Southern Ireland, Wexford, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Clare, Tipperary, Waterford.
Salary: €Competitive depending on skills and experience + vehicle + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
SSE Renewables have an exciting opportunity within the Onshore Wind Engineering Civil Team for an Engineer to join our expanding team and work on a range of renewable energy projects. The team looks after operational onshore wind assets, including life extension, repowering and decommissioning, giving you the opportunity to be involved in the end-to-end engineering across a diverse portfolio of major engineering infrastructure. The team are also responsible for providing quality engineering, maintenance, and operational support to the Onshore wind operations of the renewables business.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Working with an experienced team throughout Ireland and the UK, ensuring all renewable generation assets are operated and maintained to the highest standards.
- Contributing to the development of engineering projects that will range from overhaul and refurbishment on a broad range of civils assets to minor civil maintenance works such as road and drainage improvements.
- Repairing, refurbishing, replacing and decommissioning wind turbines.
- Managing 3rd parties and the effective delivery of specific engineering, design and construction works required within the package.
- Identifying design risk and ensuring appropriate mitigations are developed and implemented in line with the overall portfolio risk appetite.
What do I need?
This role would suit a Civil Engineer/Graduate or Technician with equivalent practical experience operating assets / project delivery, who are keen to develop within our business and ultimately play a key role in the planning, supervision through construction and commissioning of significant operation & maintenance works.
To be considered, we would also love you to have;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- An innovative mind set coupled with a flexible responsive approach and the capacity to deliver high quality work on a consistent basis.
- Although wind industry experience is not essential, you'll ideally have a developing technical skills base and relevant experience in an engineering and/or operational environment.
- The ability to thrive in a varied engineering environment and the willingness to work towards taking a significant level of responsibility to safely deliver projects on time and to budget.
- The ability to work in a variety of environments from height to restricted spaces and have knowledge and experience of health and safety legislation including the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
While based in Southern Ireland, the majority of the workload is in the Munster Region, however the role will also involve travel to other remote operational sites across Ireland, Northern Ireland (and UK) and occasional overnight stays will be expected as part of this role so a full and valid driving licence will be essential.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact 01738 275847 or
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.