About the Role
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £55,573 - £63,643 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The SSEN Transmission Asset Management Team currently have an opportunity for a Senior Asset Strategy Engineer to join their growing team.
The Senior Asset Strategy Engineer will be primarily responsible for monitoring the performance of our Asset Management System; our compliance to the Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations (ESQCR); and supporting the development of asset management strategies to meet our key business objectives.
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Asset Strategy Engineer are:
- Audit & analysis of SSEN Transmission's Asset Management System, to the ISO 55001 standard, providing the appropriate KPIs & reporting to demonstrate continuous improvement in our asset management performance.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of SSEN Transmission's Asset Management capabilities, using feedback gained from external benchmarking activities to inform our future development.
- Development of Asset Management performance reporting & associated KPIs to inform the Transmission Asset Management Steering Group & Management Review processes.
- Ensuring SSEN Transmission maintains compliance to the ESQC Regulations through audit & collaborative engagement with key stakeholders across the Transmission business.
- Support the development of innovative & cost-effective asset strategies & policies to meet the business objectives, as Technical Secretary to the Transmission Asset Fleet Hubs (groups of internal/external subject matter experts)
- Define and maintain the asset risk register in collaboration with the Risk and Assurance Team and ensure it is communicated with.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A combination of asset management capabilities; superb communication skills; and the ability to provide clear & concise guidance to internal & external stakeholders. These skills will to allow you to contribute to the delivery of the strategic asset management objectives of the SSEN Transmission business, including our RIIO-T2 ambition to demonstrate world-class asset management capability by 2026.
- Experience in supporting the development & performance management of ISO55001 certification within an asset management organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and a proven ability to deliver high-quality technical & business documentation.
- Certification and experience in delivery of internal/external audits and be able to demonstrate how you have used the audit process to deliver performance improvements to an organisation's asset management system.
- An Institute of Asset Management qualification; certification as an IAM-approved Assessor; or a degree in an Engineering/Project Management appropriate qualification is highly desirable.
It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence.
About the Department
SSEN Transmission operates under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.