Job title: Air - Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Warton - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements (project dependent)
Salary: £52,084 - £56,816 (dependent on skills and experience)
What you'll be doing:
- Involved in increasing and enhancing our engineering capability through evaluating and implementing new tools and processes fit for the future
- Inquisitive in exploring new and unique ways of working, thinking outside the box to deliver innovative solutions and embracing new tools and technologies
- Keeping toolsets and methodologies current and in line with industry standards and best practice
- Continually keep ahead of the competition through improving our ways of working and be at the forefront of shaping the way our engineers work for decades to come
- Take responsibility for leading a small team of engineers
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree educated in a STEM discipline or HND/HNC (or conversant experience) with sound experience of the engineering lifecycle
- Proven experience in engineering integration of complex systems across engineering lifecycles
- Excellent people influencing and leadership skills
- Previous experience in use of structured engineering toolsets, which may include the Siemens Team Centre, PLM toolset and the Atlassian suite of tools
- Proven MBSE experience is ideal
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Integration team:
We are in search of experienced Engineers to complement our highly skilled and growing teams, working on cutting edge Air Defence projects. We have big plans to transform the way we engineer our products, with new and exciting tools entering the market
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a multi-skilled environment with strong communication skills on a technical level. You will influence and shape processes and manage projects through all stages in their lifecycle ensuring they are in line with best practice with an opportunity to be at the forefront of how we design our future platform
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.