MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. MBDA is a leading defence organisation.We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
(Up to £55k (dependent on experience)What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Possible relocation available
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: This is a hands-on, equipment centric role based at the Stevenage site but there can be ad hoc opportunities for working from home.The opportunity:
We are looking for an engineer to join our team and develop their career within the Integration and Systems Validation (ISV) department. If you're the right person for us, you will enjoy working in a supportive environment and delivering a challenging programme while being part of a collaborative and driven team. Working closely with Requirements and Design Authorities, you will focus on the detail to deliver the evidence necessary to certify our equipment onto trials and customer aircraft.
You will have the opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to developing the SPEAR 3 launcher proving capability and with it the SPEAR 3 ISV team understanding of the launchers and the platform interface.What we're looking for from you:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an appropriate engineering subject.
- Good understanding of hardware/software integration and test activities.
- Familiarity using general commercial Lab test equipment.
- Familiarity using data analysis tools/methods.
- The creativity and practicality to work with complex problems and derive logical solutions.
- Adaptability and innovation in a varied and often fast-paced role.
- Ability / willingness to achieve DV clearance
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply.
As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.