AWE is looking for Systems Engineers (Capital Projects)
We are seeking Systems Engineers of varying experience, to work on capital projects that deliver major facilities and enabling systems supporting the nuclear weapon enterprise.
Join us and you'll have the opportunity to work within or lead a team applying systems engineering best practice.
Role: Systems Engineers (Capital Projects)
Location: Reading area
Salary: £35,720 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 23rd June 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and well-being - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and collaboration
We are seeking systems engineers to work on capital projects that deliver major facilities and enabling systems supporting the nuclear weapon enterprise.
Be part of a systems engineering effort that is key to developing and maintaining engineering capability across all parts of the business, embracing life cycle management processes from concept to disposal.
What you would bring to these roles:
- Applying system engineering process in accordance with ISO 15288 across the engineering life-cycle
- Delivering high quality engineering outputs as part of a systems engineering service to internal and external customers
- Elicit, analyse and translating stakeholder needs to requirements
- Developing system architectures
- Providing system engineering management, where required, develop engineering documentation eg. SEMP, Requirements & Acceptance Management Plans (RAMP), interface management, system definition documentation etc
- Supporting design reviews
- Conducting technical analysis and provide recommendations
- Developing your own expertise in Systems Engineering and provide support and mentoring to less experienced engineers
- Supporting the Identification of risks and assumptions ensuring the assumptions are articulated in a Master Data Assumptions List (MDAL)
The key skills & experience you'll bring:
- Worked on complex systems (civil or defence).
- Strong interpersonal skills, building trust and developing good relationships
- Able to understand, simplify and explain complex systems to SMEs, non-engineers, and senior stakeholders
- Use of Requirements Management tool such as DOORS would be beneficial
- Familiarity with MBSE and modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect would be beneficial
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role and be willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas if required.