Fantastic opportunities for Manufacturing Engineers (Joining Development Specialists)
Working in a highly regulated environment, these are great opportunities to complement our Joining Development and Manufacturing team in support of all current and future Warhead programmes. The successful candidates will integrate with a team of welding specialists to establish joining techniques across all areas of the business.
Role: Manufacturing Engineers (Joining Development Specialists) - (Office based)
Location - Reading Area
Salary: £35,720 - £52,000 (dependent on experience) + allowance
Closing date: 16th June 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with knowledge of Power Beam and Arc welding techniques together with a general knowledge of other joining processes.
Additionally, successful candidates should have the following skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of engineering materials and how their properties are influenced by processing techniques.
- An appreciation of NDE, mechanical testing and metallographic techniques.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, innovative and able to work with a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Practical skills in the operation of welding/joining equipment
- Computer literate i.e. a working familiarity with Microsoft office products.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- The creation of welding procedures and technical instructions and technical review of procedures
- Acting as a key developer and stakeholder on joining technologies across the company ensuring high quality joints on critical components
- Providing knowledge of weld process and metallurgy and support design of bespoke systems
- Performing detailed tests, analysing the quality of welds and preparing Customer reports
- Providing practical support to welding development projects and support shop floor production with operator training
- Liaising with key stakeholders, project teams and management, ensuring appropriate communication of project/programme status
- Advising Design/Technical Authorities on joint designs, material specification and tolerances.
- Troubleshooting production joining processes
- Working with others to form high performing teams
We would like candidates to have a minimum HNC in either Welding & Joining, Metallurgy, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or possess appropriate experience within a relevant field.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.